Monday, May 24, 2010

Yom Ha'atzmaout יום העצמאות

I just returned from a WONDERFUL long weekend. My friend and I decided to take a vacation day together and add it on to our weekend and it was just what I needed to recharge. We spent 2 nights in Tel Aviv, and a day in Jerusalem. Saturday night in Tel Aviv we went down to Florentine, the main bar street in Tel Aviv and where the street parties I've been talking about take place. While there I noticed the block that I spent most of my night partying on Yom Ha'atzmaout (Independece Day) and suddenly realized that I never uploaded photos from the great night. So without delay, here they are!
Photos include:
-Cooking/eating dinner/predrinking before going out
-The crazy crowds of Florentine
-Other friends from the Ulpan that we ran into while out (I think about 90% of the program came to Tel Aviv)
-DJs in balconys - every few blocks had a new balcony DJ to facilitate different styles of music and constant dancing. People were also dancing on thier balconies but I seem to not have any good photos of that...
-Breafast the next morning

Things to note: There is a photo of me and a friend that is taken a bit from above. In the background there is a guy on the phone, plugging his other ear (you can only see his mouth). This photo continues to make us laugh as we spent much time in that same position trying to figure out where our friends were. It was clearly too loud outside to hear much of anything!




2 comments:

  1. Nice :)

    I miss our place in Tel-Aviv, I am glad we will be there very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm very glad it's been empty for 4 months :-P

    ReplyDelete