Sadly, by cutting things short, we ended up not staying for dinner and I couldn't meet my grandfather for dinner like originally planned. But not to worry! I'm heading back to Jerusalem today to see him!
Whirlwind photo tour of Jerusalem - almost as rushed as our visit:
Wohl Rose Gardens - In the center of most major government buildings
Outside the Knesset
Har Hertzl
Notice that the graves look like beds with pillows. They are all the same no matter what rank in the army (as noticed below with Yoni Natenyahu and Michael Levin)
Yoni Natenyahu's grave (right)
Hertzl's Grave
Rabin's Grave (black) and his wife (white). People place rocks or other objects on graves to mark that they've come to pay respect
It's customary to wash your hands before leaving a cemetery
Looking over Jerusalem
King David's Tomb - Well, it was once thought so, and since disproved, but people still come and worship as if it is...
The room where the Last Supper was supposedly held
Funny sign
Jewish Quarter
Christian Quarter
Muslim Quarter
Armenian Quarter (also Christian, 10 points to anyone who can explain why there is an Armenian Quarter if there's already a Christian Quarter - I just learned on this tiyul)
Wailing Wall (aka The Kotel)
Cloud on the drive back that I think looks like a Rabi... anyone else see it?
No comments:
Post a Comment