On June 9th (a month ago, eep!) We went to the Biblical city of Akko (probably better known as Acre to most of you). This is a city that my dad loves, so we've been here often for amazing seafood dinners and to walk around the old city. As a result, I was pretty uninterested in going again, and wasn't sure what I would get out of it aside from good hummus. Fortunately, there are constant excevations in Israel, which means that new things are opening up all the time. Recently, they've openned up the Knights' Halls, run by the Hospitallers Knights, and the Templars' Tunnel which they think was used to quickly get from the middle of the city to the port, and vice versa. Our guide said that they didn't find enough artifacts in each hall to be able to identify what they were used for (aside from the dining hall), but wiki seems to tell otherwise.
I guess the photos can do most of the talking :)
Knights' Halls
Templars' Tunnel
No comments:
Post a Comment